The backyard parties and bonfires will be plentiful this weekend, and there’s no better treat than a traditional s’more to help celebrate Independence Day. Mmm, mmm.
But if you’re not having a backyard party or bonfire, you shouldn’t be denied this tasty treat on the 4th of July. That’s why I’m sharing this Indoor S’more recipe! So handy to have even if the fire is going – less mess, kid friendly and plenty to go around.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 8 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 bag (10 oz) mini marshmallows (5 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Oooo, that’s the good stuff…
- Grease 13×9 inch pan with butter. Measure cereal into large mixing bowl.
- Reserve 1 cup of the mini marshmallows. In a 3-quart saucepan, heat remaining 4 1/2 cups marshmallows, chocolate chips, butter, sugar, and water on low. Stir occasionally until melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over cereal in bowl and stir until evenly coated. Stir in remaining marshmallows.
- Press firmly into pan. Cool at least 1 hour until firm and cut into bars.
Optional Trick! Use a fork dipped in water to press mixture down. A little family secret for scotcheroos that works great on these as well!
And I couldn’t resist – use red, white or blue (or all!) colored sprinkles on top to make these s’mores more festive!
Find the original Golden Grahams recipe here.
What is your favorite 4th of July treat?
Follow me on IG @agnes_wrightblog and Twitter @agneswrightblog for daily updates!