The finale of awards season will commence tomorrow night, and I couldn’t be more excited to settle in and anticipate Leo’s long-awaited, much deserved award. There’s no doubt in anyone’s mind, is there?
The Oscars bring a buzz about America, and even if you don’t enjoy awards shows, you’re bound to tune in just to catch all the happenings.
It’s like a follow up Super Bowl. Ammiright?
Which, of course, calls for a party. One day, when we have the space to entertain, I will be hosting an Oscars viewing party. Or at least a small get-together. There are a lot of articles circling on ideas for throwing the perfect viewing party, but the Oscars Party Guide over at Popsugar is my favorite.
Key things to include:
- Oscar ballots – vote for your favorites before the big show begins. Hand out a prize for the one who is the most accurate! Fun printable at Glitter Guide here.
- Festive decor – use craft store tassels to decorate your food table or add glitter to plastic flatware for a fancy touch!
- Signature drink – make one hosted drink for everyone and then BYOB. An easy way to cut back on your liquor store bill while adding to the theme.
- Popcorn – make a variety of different flavors (great ideas on Food Network here). It’s the perfect snack for movies… and the movie award show!
- Photo backdrop – pick a designated area of the room to create a photo spot. Use tassels or glitter paper for an easy DIY backdrop and use photo props for fun pics!
You don’t have to overdue it – Hollywood has that covered! Keep the focus on the show and all the glamour on the red carpet.
I’ll be glued to the TV once the red carpet starts so catch my favorite looks tomorrow night! What are you plans for the big show?
Good luck, Leo – you’ve always had my vote!