On a Wednesday after work, the last thing anyone wants to deal with is a complicated recipe. Is it TGIF happy hour yet? Not quite. That’s why a quick and easy meal is always necessary. And maybe a glass of wine. Just one?
I’m sure a lot of you already know this recipe, or have had variations. It’s nothing revolutionary, but covers the delicious and simple bases.
Rice Krispie Chicken (for 2)
– 2 boneless chicken breasts (equal about 1 lb)
– 1.5 cups crispy rice cereal, crushed
– 2 tablespoons flour
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon seasoning (poultry or any of your choice)
– 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1. Mix together crushed cereal, flour, salt and seasoning in a bowl
2. Place melted butter in separate bowl
3. Dip each chicken breast in melted butter, then coat in cereal mixture (repeat for each piece of chicken)
4. Place chicken in a greased 9×13 dish – I used a wire rack and foil to help with clean up!
5. Drizzle remaining melted butter onto chicken and coat with leftover cereal mixture if you wish
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked thru
Remove from oven and serve with rice or vegetables! A perfect solution for any weeknight — it leaves plenty of time for wine.. or any liquid of your choice.