Weekend trips are the best. But packing isn’t. Does everyone agree?
I have an issue with outfit decisions. What if I get there and I don’t like what I packed? Or what if we do something unplanned and I don’t have the perfect top with the perfect pants? Panic mode. As a result, I always end up with twice as much as I need. I’m attempting to train myself on packing strong, versatile pieces that can be worn in multiple ways or with multiple things. Am I on the right track? Someone please help.
This weekend, we’re headed on a short road trip to hit the slopes – yay! One day of snow and one day of shopping/eating/drinking around a quaint river town. The outdoor gear is easy. Now for the hard stuff.
Here’s what I came up with for the first round of “training”:
- Jeans – day pair and evening pair. Probably the most obvious.
- Striped 3/4 sleeve top. My favorite print to layer with which adds a cute pop to any outfit. Similar here.
- Light neutral-colored jacket. It’s the Midwest and the weather can be moody. This is easy to put under a heavier jacket or wear alone. Similar here.
- Black t-shirt dress. Cute over leggings or jeans and black is always necessary. Similar here.
- Leggings. Comfortable for the car ride home too!
- Long, printed sweater. Another key layering piece. Pick one that’s cute but comfortable. It can go over the dress, the leggings or with jeans! Similar here.
- Hats. They don’t take up much space. Two stocking hats and a floppy. Also great if I forget the shampoo. Similar here.
Not bad for my first “light” packing attempt. What are your favorite tips and tricks?
Now let’s hit the road!